I bring a wealth of understanding and experience in the social sciences, including:
- a BA double-majoring in psychology and sociology from Wilfrid Laurier University
- 8 years as a caseworker in Ontario Works
- 4 years as an outreach coordinator with hard-to-employee clients within Ontario Works
- time spent as an outpatient mobile crisis worker
- a stint as an outreach manager with the Canadian Mental Health Association
- several years as a supportive housing outreach coordinator with The Bridges at the Cambridge Shelter in Galt, ON
- several years as a supportive housing worker for disadvantaged, homeless youth for Cambridge Kiwanis Non-Profit Housing
I also have a great deal of experience in communications, including:
- had a six-month contract as an online communications specialist with a regional health unit.
- 12-month maternity communications guy for radio stations CHYM, KIX106, and 570 News in Kitchener.
- several years providing radio reports covering the Toronto Maple Leafs.
- 15-year Maple Leafs reporter for The Fischler Report, covering games, practices, player interviews
- Owner of TMLfans.ca, an online magazine covering the Maple Leafs.